Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Here we go!

I've been consulting small business owners on increasing Internet visibility and sales using free sites online for three years now and it is about time to practice what I preach. This project is me creating a network of sites using free resources and social networks to use as an example (hopefully a good one). I've got a Myspace page set up as well as an active Twitter account. The Twitter account is more active at this time. As far as Facebook goes, I have a personal page that I really use to keep up with friends and family so I prefer to keep that one pretty tight as far as the friend list goes so we will see what I decide to do, if anything, as far as utilizing that for myself.

At one time I encouraged clients to take advantage of the free hosted space available with their Internet service providers, and to show how I created a small site of my own with the space Verizon included with the dsl package using the Trellix website creation platform. What a disaster! Once the site was created it was impossible to edit, making it a static site which is basically useless online. I'm still working out what to do with that and in the meantime taking advantage of Blogger's free web-hosting to create an online blog to link to and use as a site.

Your comments and suggestions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment