Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spam from the name Googlesuccess

Yep, there is a Googlesuccess.net which is the real deal and Googlesuccess.org which is well-known on the complaint sites. My introduction to the spammers came a couple of hours after posting an item for sale on Craig'slist. I received an email from who I thought was an interested party and when I responded with my phone number (DOH!) an auto-response came back. Here is what was sent to me.

"Elaine Pettaway"

You don't have to sell this so cheap...

I used to sell stuff on CL just like you were doing to pay my bills. I was really getting ripped off by selling stuff so cheap. A friend of min told me about this website I should look at, and I made about $4000 from it last month... I'm doing better than I was at my regular job... If I can do it, you can. Visit http://googlesuccess.org

If you need help getting started let me know, it's simple."

Riiight. By the way, I was not under-valuing the item having done my research beforehand. So, watch out for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment