Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Back at it!

After a two-week enforced break due to being overly enthusiastic during my squat series, as well as getting an big open blister rope climbing, I'm back! New rule of lifting for me, take two days to recover before lifting no matter how awesome I feel. Its not worth it to need weeks to stand up straight again. With that said, I made myself chill today. Warm-up, hyperextensions 3 x 10, push-ups 3 x 10. Squats, 1 x 10 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 85, 3 x 5 x 95. Clean and press, 1 x 5 x 45, 2 x 3 x 55, 3 x 3 x 65. Overhead squats, 3 x 3 x 45. Doesn't look like much but I was sweating like crazy after that.

I did yoga this morning too, have been doing that and spinneng during my time on injured reserve. While watching a documentary about ballet dancers, "Ballerina" yesterday, it was gratifying to see one of the principal dancers come back after hurtung her foot, trying to dance on it again too soon (!) screwing it up even worse, and gradually getting back and surpassing her former skill. So, Tuesday and Weds to recover, I'll take at least one yoga class, Spin, and probably hang out with my niece. She's seven, so everything is a workout, esp since I hate to sit and watch media when we are spending time together.

Massage! My yoga instructor sent out an invitation to buy massages at a good price, and I went for it. Oh my god what a wonderful difference it made. I made a leap of faith and bought a pack of four, so I have three more to go that are pre-paid. Overhead work, here I come, I'll have him pummel my shoulders back into place every two weeks. It would be great to get some work done on my hip flexors too, but that is so close to private areas and I don't want anything to get weird. That was the only area after the first massage that felt neglected, but I understand. I'll see how they feel after a couple weeks of lifting and if my hips are bothering me I'll ask him about it. Also, that rope climbing was hard as hell. I can't wait to do it again next month! It's a once-a-month thing outside climbing ropes hanging from a huge tree. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment