Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Do you even lift?

Why yes I do! On the comeback trail with a belt this time and a plan, for squats at least. My progression at a given weight will be 3x3, 3x5, 5x5, increase by 5 pounds. Yes, it will take longer but I bet I'll have warning before my back crumples again and avoid months of not lifting and barely walking upright.

Last night Squats were 3 x 3 x 100. Bench press 1 x 3 x 90, 2 x 4 x 90, with a spotter who gave me a lift-off and knows to keep off the bar unless a ask for help. I've added a 2 mile treadmill walk before lifts instead of the push-ups and back extensions. Cardio, right?It was Halloween, and I wasn't into it this year like usual. Maybe Miley Cyrus' parade of costumes beforehand killed it for me, I don't know. Then I went to the gym and all my training buddies were paired off with other women and busy. Damn those paying customers and girlfriends! I guess the upside was no distractions.

Even so, it was a lonely workout until the ladies booked and I had the guys to myself, which led to being spotted by Mike. Personally trained by me, he knows the hands off rule and doesn't appear to mind me swearing at the end before thanking him. So sexual! Today I have a yoga thing from 6-8, and have to leave for that at 530, so probably won't have time for other physical stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment