Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tight left shoulder

I'm not sure what I did but my left shoulder and neck don't want to turn and twist like normal, which makes driving challenging amoung other things. I took yoga yesterday morning and today but so far its the same. I hope it feels better tonight so I can lift, today would be an Oly-style training day with a lot of overhead work. If I have to put it off it kind of screws up the weekend lifting schedule, but when it hurts to shrug thats probably a sign. Dammit.

Forgot to log this, well it is logged on Fitocracy so I could toggle between the sites or just wing it. My shoulder and upper back mobility were okay so I decided to go for an abbreviated lifting session. Warmed up w 12 air squats, 1 x 10 x 45 back squats, then 3 rounds of 3 x 8 x 45 front squats, 3 x 10 push-ups, 3 x 8 x 45 overhead presses. Power cleans 2 x 5 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, clean and press 1 x 1 x 75, 5 x 1 x 70, 1 x 5 x 65. Back to power cleans 5 x 3 x 75. Overhead squats 5 x 5 x 45. Walked on the treadmill for 2 miles, working slowly up to this repetitive cardio again to avoid shinsplints this time.

Tomorrow squats 3 x 5 x 125, just going to grind them out, haven't decided whether to rep bench press at 95 going for 3 x 5 x 95, or lift heavier at lower reps. I'll play that by ear depending on how it goes. Then deadlifts 2 x 3 x 165 as I had to single out at 175 last time and could tell my form wasn't good. Just need to be aggro and strong. Walk another two miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment