Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Testing the toe

Tonight will be my first night back in the gym after Friday's mishap. It is a power day, squats, bench, deadlift. The plan is 3 x 5 x 115 up from 5 x 3 x 115 squats, bench 3 x 5 x 85, deadlifts 2 x 3 x 145. Will update after the session.
In other news, the dog is assimilating into the house. C. took his e-collar off this morning for reasons unknown and then had a hard time getting it back on correctly, which was obviously driving the dog nuts. I took it off completely and he immediately started licking the surgery site, so that wasn't an option. I read the directions and put it back on him and looped his collar through so that it would stay in place and it seems to be okay now. Two more days. I cannot wait to take the thing off and give him a bath.
Also, I had a cookie attack and bought a tube of the ready-made chocolate chip cookines and made them and ate a bunch. Bad me! That session was too easy, I need to ramp up the weight again. Squats 1 x 12 x air, Burgener warmup with 12 or 15 lb bar (I didn't check). Back to low-bar squats after that, 1 x 10 x bar, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 95, 3 x 5 x 115. No problem. Bench press 1 x 8 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 4 x 5 x 85. Deadlifts 1 x 3 x 135, 2 x 3 x 145, 10 push-ups. I don't know if running will be possible tomorrow, maybe I'll take spinning or use the elliptical.

Weds will be Oly day, Burgener warm-up, Front squats 3 x 5 x bar interspersed with three sets of 10 push-ups. Going to play around with overhead squats with the standard bar, going for 3 x 5 x 45. Then, power cleans up to 5 x 3 x 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment