Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Deadlifts and the deal of the day!

Since I haven't lifted yet, I'll start with the deal: all Bug Guard products are on sale now, just in time before mosquitoes start chowing down on all of us. Avon Bug Guard products on sale This is the one I'm getting, the jumbo size to keep on the front porch. I think the wipes will be good to have on hand in my purse too.

In happy somewhat lifting-related news, I stopped traffic today while walking the dog. A nice man decided that I should have the right of way despite the stop sign right in front of me and the cars behind him. So, confusing all the other cars, I got the cross the street with my little dog without waiting at all and a minimum of embarrassment, because I mostly thought it was funny. Yay weightlifting for lifting my butt!

For some reason I cannot wait to get in the gym this evening to dead lift. Will update on volume dead lift day as soon as its finished. The standing presses I did and sucked at yesterday left me with an interesting case of upper back and shoulders DOMS, which probably means I should be doing them more often. Bench presses are ore fun though, but I bet strengthening that part of my back will help both my bench and dead.

Update: well that pretty much sucked. I had to use a power cage rather than the fixed squat rack, I don't card for that clear of a view in the mirror while lifting but its not such a big deal. Warmed up with 6 minutes on the Arc Trainer, then quick squats 1 x 10 x air, 1 x 8 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 3 x 95, 1 x 3 x 115, 1 x 3 x 125, 1 x 3 x 135, 1 x 3 x 140. 140 is the most I've squatted since the most recent back tweak, so I was pleased with these. On to dead lifts, which were the main lift I was training, 1 x 3 x 135, 1 x 3 x 155, 1 x 5 x 155, planned to do 2 x 5 x 175, no way. 2 x 2 x 175, tried a double underhand grip I saw a girl dead lifting on youtube using, that did not work at all, dropped 20 pounds down, 1 x 3 x 155, 1 x 5 x 155, and stopped lifting, dejected. Going for the 2 x 5 x 175 next time for dead lifts. Taking Thursday and Friday off from the gym, Saturday squats 1 x 10 x air, 1 x 8 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 3 x 95, 1 x 3 x 115, 1 x 3 x 125, 1 x 3 x 135, 3 x 3 x 140.

No comments:

Post a Comment