Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Yay, I got my avon kit!

It came with a hilariously flirty UPS man. The dog was frothing at the mouth, growling and jumping for a piece of him, as he does when a stranger or the mailman comes to the door, so I ran out to apologize for the Killer Yorkie. The UPS guy leered at me, handed me the surprisingly heavy box and said, "No problem baby."

The kit has two full-size products, an age-spot eraser with SPF in it and a Skin-so-soft lotion. I'm not sure where I stand on the scent of the Skin-so-soft. There isn't anything wrong with it perse, its just so, traditional. I've used the age-spot eraser on the sides of my face where I have some big freckles twice, last night and today. No change yet, which would be great but weird if it worked that fast anyway. The feel, scent and packaging of the product, from the Anew line, are all good and comparable to department store skin care.

Since I also worked yesterday, wanted to work out and go to my mom's house to drop off the brochures, I had a time-crunch to deal with and decided to just squat. I warmed up with the usual six minutes on the Arc-trainer, then squats: 1 x 10 x air, 1 x 8 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 95, 1 x 5 x 115, 3 x 5 x 125, 3 x 3 x 130. I'm happy with that. Knowing there would be nothing going on with work today, I slept in and went to the gym for the rest of the training. Warm-up, five hard minutes on the arc-trainer, one minute cool-down. Bench press, all paused: 1 x 10 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 95, 3 x 2 x 100, 1 x 3 x 100. PR for paused bench presses! Mike spotted me and helped with a lift-off for the last 3 sets. I lifted to failure, didn't count the assisted lifts.

Deads next, 2 x 3 x 135, 1 x 3 x 155, 1 x 2 x 175, 1 x 2 x 185, 2 x 1 x 195- these were freakin hard to keep form on, 1 x 2 x 185. Came home, showered and walked the dog, drank a glass of buttermilk and had a tin of sardines, later had a salmon mayo sandwich. Now I am ready for a nap- but no worries about short gym hours for the holiday weekend. On Monday they will be open 7am to 6pm, so I should be able to get a squat session in then.

No comments:

Post a Comment