Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Decent deadlifts today

Work was pretty slow, and the day was strange in general. Both one of the cats and the dog got sick, so cleaning up pet vomit was the name of the game today. I'm glad neither one was on my lap at the time. My sister came over and moped around until I told her I was going to the gym. On top of it all, my gym outfit of black trainer capris and white knee socks for dead lifts loked very weird. The session, however, was decent. While I am concentrating on deads I am maintaining on the other main lifts. Today squats were 1 x 10 x air, 1 x 8 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 95, 1 x 3 x 115, 3 x 3 x 125. I've started praticing paused bench presses, sheesh- hard, but necessary in case I ever want to do a meet. Bench press was 1 x 8 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 3 x 85, 3 x 3 x 90, then I got a guy standing nearby with his friends to give me the "Press" command after a second, and got 1 x 5 x 90. So, good, all paused presses.

On to deadliest. My plan was to ramp up to 3 x 3 x 175. Instead i got 1 x 3 x 135, 1 x 3 x 145, 1 x 3 x 155, 1 x 3 x 175, 4 x 2 x 175. I couldn't seem to hold it together for the triples, and the bar kept sliding way diagonal across the floor, so I don't know if the floor is crooked or the bar was bent. It was awkward, but I feel like it was a decent session.

Also, a friend of mine is very excited about belonging to the Mom Ambassador site, where she gets samples of products and invites my sisters and myself over with the kids to try them out. I thought it would be fun to join too, and signed up last night. Well, after taking a long survey and giving a lot of information, the site still hasn't gotten back to me. I didn't even get some kind of verification email. Nothing. Pretty disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment