Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

All the other stuff

First of all, my grandmother died today. She was 102, it was expected but still sad that my last grandparent is gone. What was worse was that when I called to check on my mom to make sure she was doing all right, my aunt answered and said my mom had fallen down the stairs and the ambulance was on its way. Holy crap, nice way to begin the day.

Being 1000 miles away and unable to do anything but wait, I went to the gym. Today was a no squat day, time to focus on the other lifts for a change. I started with bench press. 2 x 12 x bar, 1 x 5 x 55, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 75, 1 x 1 x 85- big issue with my inner elbow/ bicep insertion. I pumped my arm around a bit and started over. 1 x 3 x 85, so-so. Got a spotter, the only good one I've had so far who doesn't try to help before necessary and made 1 x 4 x 85. He was called over to the other side of the gym to move equipment, and I got tired of waiting so did 1 x 5 x 85, not good form, didn't touch my chest on a couple of reps.

Overhead press, 1 x 8 x bar, 5 x 5 x 55 volume work. Power clean 1 x 5 x bar, 1 x 5 x 55, 3 x 5 x 65. Romanian deadliest 3 x 5 x 95. I never really felt 'on' during this session, it was a slugfest. At home I had cottage cheese and chicken gumbo from the can and went to bed after a while. Woke up still exhausted at almost four. I do not know what is going on with me today, stress I guess.

Tomorrow is fast interval running day, .25 miles at 6.0, 1% incline. Friday I plan to have a heavy squatting day, maxing out singles and doubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment