Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Got the waxing done!

I just know devoted readers were on the edge of your seats regarding the state of my eyebrows. That, however, is the only constructive thing I did this weekend, the rest of it was spent watching the Olympics, a couple of movies at home, some bar-hopping, swimming and a cook-out and visiting the sweetest little Jack Russel puppies you can imagine. There would be pictures of the puppies but wine and photography don't mix.

The women weightlifters were great, I loved the show-down between Russia and China at the end. Is it abnormal to want everyone to do well? Holley Mangold was robbed on one of the press-out calls, as was another one of the girls. I don't know what that jury was thinking, maybe I'll find a blog that explains how lifts that look good are red-lighted. When Tatiana was crying at the end I just wanted to give her a hug. Silver is awesome too! She got it together in time for the medal ceremony though.

Tonight I'm lifting heavy (for me, a light walk in the park for Oly girls); squats 3 x 5 x 140,, bench press 3 x 5 x 95, deads 2 x 3 x 180. I hope my nemesis is there to provide the competitive edge.

Lightning stuck a tree in my yard and now the cable, Internet, and air conditioner all do not work. This sucks. The air was out at the gym too. Squats; 1 x 12 x air, 1 x 10 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 95, 1 x 5 x 115, 1 x 5 x 125, 5 x 3 x 140. Why didn't I go for five reps? Cuz it would be HARD. Jeez I have to stop being such a wuss. Bench press 1 x 10 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 85, 4 x 3 x 95, 2 x 1 x 95. Deads 1 x 3 x 135, 1 x 3 x 155, 2 x 2 x 175, these were tough and the gym was closing.

No comments:

Post a Comment