Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Catching up

Wednesday am I went to yoga, having completely forgetting to go at 4pm Tuesday. I was busy working. Then, Wednesday I did not train a with weights. Thursday was Thanksgiving, and making that turkey was exhausting. Today, I lifted.

The plan was to squat, bench and deadlift as heavy as possible and then have a couple of back-off sets, but I did not get the memo that bench=pressing, bicep curling and all of its variants are of VITAL IMPORTANCE to do on Black Firday, as so did not have access to the weights and benches necessary. Warm-up was 2 x 12 x hyperextensions, 2 x 12 x push-ups. Squats, 1 x 12 x air, 1 x 10 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 95, 1 x 3 x 115, 3 x 3 x 125, tough but okay, 5 x 3 x 115, these started to feel good and go up nicely during the final two sets. Did one set each of dumbbell bench and one-armed dumbbell benchss 1 x 8 x 20, 1 x 5 x 20 as a warm-up, then did not have any more weights to use so after standing around waiting for some guys to finish warming up with the 25 and 30 lb dumbbells (long enough to realize that they were not in fact warming up but were doing their work-sets) I gave up on that.

So I deadlifted, 1 x 3 x 135, 1 x 2 x 155, 4 x 1 x 165, yucky form breakdown in the last rep, 1 x 2 x 155. Overhead squats 1 x 5 x 45, 3 x 5 x 65, and one last set each of push-ups and hyperextensions.

Then it was the time I was waiting for, shower, brow wax and long pedicure. So nice. I hit the grocery store for a slab of salmon for lunch, had that with half of a ripe avacodo and am starting to feel normal again.

Almost forgot to add the period report. Hey, some other peri-menopause ladies who lift may find it informative. Anyway, today my period started and the session was fine. For me, it is the week preceeding that has the most issues as far as relative weakness and uncoordination. PMS for the win! Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment