Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Why are my shoulders so sore?

I haven't lifted since Thursday, and that was a squat/ bench/ romanian deadlift day so no overhead work since Tuesday. Seems like today, nearly a week later, my shoulders would be fine. It was finally okay to take a hot shower so that relaxed them a bit. Also, I took yoga this morning but didn't push myself at all, I'm not even going to log it on Fitocracy. My period started too. Today's goals are squat 3 x 3 x 135, bench 3 x 3 x 100, deadlift 1 x 3 x 135, 1 x 3 x 145, 1 x 3 x 155.

The hot shower thing is because I had sclerothepary done Thursday evening and you aren't supposed to bathe in hot water for 72 hours after. I totally broke that rule a few hours early on Sunday, but today let super-hot water soothe my tight sore shoulders. Now I have to remember that there are little bruises all over the back of my legs and avoid shorts until they fade. Spider-veins are in my genetics as well as pale see-through Northern European skin, so every couple of years since 2000 I've been going to a vein doctor to have them zapped. This was the first time I allowed the nurse to do it instead of having the doctor, she did such a great job I hope she will be around two or three years from now when I need it again. Very little pain and itching, and the bruises are much smaller and paler this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment