Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Squats are coming back.

This is all about me, as it should be, but I must brag about a friend for a moment. Older even than me, and she had lost over 100 lbs which you may or may not know leaves one as weak as a kitten. She found Stronglifts (which I hate because he stole everything but whatever) and on Friday morning squatted 135 x4. Oh yeah- lets hear it for the old ladies!! So proud of her, and she does full deep squats too.

Okay, Friday morning I slept through the regular yoga guru's class and took a later one, expecting it to be easy. Wrong! Holy crap it was like she had ESP and was zeroing in on my tight hips and hamstrings from the Romanian deadlifts in the last training session. At first I couldn't even get comfortable in Child's Pose, after 40 mins or so of intense stuff I was loosened up and human again. Taking her class next week too. Sometimes, change is good.

Lifts at night. I warmed up with 1 x 12 hyperextensions, real slow. Squats, 1 x 10 x air, 1 x 10 x 45, 2 x 5 x 95- needed extra warm-ups today. 1 x 3 x 105, 2 x 3 x 115, 1 x 3 x 125, 2 x 2 x 130, 1 x 5 x 115. Clean and press 1 x 5 x 50, I put the little plates on instead of using the empty bar as I've dropped the bar on my foot a couple of times and that sucks. 1 x 3 x 60, 1 x 3 x 65, 1 x 2 x 70, failed the third, went to power cleans. 1 x 3 x 75, 1 x 2 x 80, that second one was ugly, 1 x 1 x 80, 1 x 1 x 75. Not every day is a good power clean day. Overhead squats, 2 x 5 x 45, 1 x 5 x 55, 1 x 3 x 65, 2 x 3 x 70, 2 x 4 x 70, 1 x 3 x 70 and done.

This morning I took the long yoga class and the instructor decided to help me by making everything harder, including coming over during Warrior pose and loudly saying, "Spread your legs!" which was pretty hilarious and unexpected in yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment