Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Yoga and lifting

Looking back at the past couple of weeks workouts, I have been basically treading water. Trying to keep up some sort of training in spite of all the emotional events that have piled on in the past three weeks or so. Nowhere close to the end of the years goals I set, 225 squat and 315 deadlift, due to injuries one after another, mostly affecting my back. On the positive side, it is those injuries that convinced me to start taking yoga in an effort to balance out my fitness, and I am still progressing albeit more slowly than I would have liked.

Today I will take the 4pm yoga class, then lift. Warm-up w push-ups and hyperextensions, then start with power snatches and overhead squats, move on the clean and press and finish with power cleans. This is the opposite of starting with power cleans and finishing w overhead squats so doing an experiment here to see how it goes. I will update this after training.

No comments:

Post a Comment