Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Low back complaining from squats again

In the two and a half years I have been trying to get stronger and squatting, my lower back has had issues when the weight gets between 125-135 lbs. I reset back down, work my way back up, and it happens again. I went to squat camp, adjusted form- back to the SS form which does lean me over more, and its happening again. I think it may be time for me to learn how to squat high-bar. The purpose of the low-bar squat is to get stronger by using more weight, as this isn't happening, in fact it keeps causing problems and making me go down in wieght, I need to rethink this. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. For now my dreams of the strong squat are going to remain dreams, and I'll switch to front squats as the focus on squat day.

It totally sucks to admit defeat, but not being able to lift because one exercise keeps hurting me is even worse. I hope the back will be okay and I'll be able to move around tomorrow. Frankly, I'm having a moment of self-pity here. It has been a shitty week.

No comments:

Post a Comment