Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lifts today

Going for squats 3 x 3 x 130, overhead press 3 x 5 x 65, bench press 3 x 5 x 85, power cleans 5 x 3 x 80. Previous maxes all over the place, wish me luck!

Crazy day at the gym. It started out ok, my squats were going well and after setting up for works sets at 130lbs I went to get some water. When I returned a PT was setting up a 7 foot tall frail elderly man to do something on the Bosu ball directly behind my squat rack. I flat out told them to move. Stupid Bosu ball stuff is one thing but making it dangerous for me is another. Then, a challenged guy was abandoned by his nurse to wander around the gym taking people's collars of of their barbells and attempting to lift unevenly loaded bars.

As if this wasn't enough, while I was benching I had an encounter with a 'helpful but clueless'. First he enquired what I was working on, to which I replied, "Full body." He said, "Okay but what is your weakest point?" I said, "Shoulders." Then he started talking about grip (why? I do not know.), and showed me the grip he recommended for bench pressing. Suicide grip. All along I was doing the smile and nod thing, but at this I just laughed and said I was not going to bench with a suicide grip. He went to the Smith machine (Of Course) to do incline bench presses.

Funny forum discussion about suicide grip.

So how did I do during all of this?
Squats 1 x 12 x air, 1 x 10 x bar, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 85, 1 x 3 x 105, 1 x 3 x 115, 2 x 3 x 130, 2 x 2 x 130, 2 x 5 x 115, 1 x 5 x 95. I like to throw those 95lb squats at the end as it was such a milestone for me to get those plates on there. Makes me feel good.

Overhead press: 1 x 8 x bar, 1 x 5 x 55, 2 x 4 x 65, 1 x 3 x 65. So a do-over here too. Bench press 1 x 8 x bar, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 75, 2 x 3 x 85, 2 x 2 x 85.

Power cleans were the worst, couldn't seem to get my body working right for these. 1 x 5 x bar, 3 x 3 x 65, 3 x 3 x 75, 1 x 2 x 75.

Believe it or not I ran tonight too, a slow easy run 5k, eight hours after the lifting session.

No comments:

Post a Comment