Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Running in the heat

I made the unfortunate decision to run on the treadmill at the gym last night on one of the coldest nights of the winter so far. Of course they had the heat pumped up so high it was a sauna in there. In addition to being uncomfortable beyond the normal discomfort that is running, the treadmill I chose kept stopping. So, I have no idea how far i went, the heart rate monitor on the second treadmill I finally hopped on said 131 beats per minute no matter what which was obviously wrong, the whole session was a mess. Next time it is 60 or below outside, running outside is where I will be.

At least there was hot water for the shower.

Tonight, squats 3 x 5 x 100, overhead press 3 x 8 x bar, bench press 3 x 5 x 75, deadllift 1 x 2 x 135, 1 x 3 x 135. This was fine, broke form a little on the last couple of squats and bench presses. Next time squats 3 x 5 x 105, overhead press 1 x 8 x bar, 2 x 8 x 50 (how embarrassing it will be to have those two little plates on the bar lol). Bench 3 x 5 x 80, power cleans 5 x 3 x 70.

Tomorrow, running outside, go as far as I can intervals, three mile total.

No comments:

Post a Comment