Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Run took longer then expected

I remembered to look at the time before running, and my route clocked in at exactly 45 minutes. That sucks, it means if I were cloned and walked briskly, I would finish at the same time. I'm going to check the mileage on the route, if it's more then three miles that would make sense. Now 45 minutes is the time to beat.

Tonight squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press. Squat 3 x 5 x 110. Overhead press 1 x 8 x bar, 3 x 5 x 50 (second time at that weight, taking it easy while rehabbing the right shoulder. Bench press 3 x 5 x 80, dead-lift 2 x 3 x 135. I will update after the session.

Had my first unpleasant resolutioner interaction tonight. Young lady in the squat rack, bro in the other (curling), loaded bar in the power rack. I asked her if she had a lot left to do and she gave me a nasty look and said, "Yes. Three sets!" Okay. One of the trainers was using the power rack for pulls, he did one more set and emptied the bar, so I set up the rack for squats. Naturally, as soon as it was set up squat girlie was done quarter-squatting so I just relocated over there. The mirror in front of the power rack is so close its hard to ignore, unlike the mirrored wall in front of the squat racks. (Somehow that one is easier to block out, I think it is the greater distance.)

Then, once I was in the rack she came back with a broomstick type thing and I got another look, apparently she planned to use the squat rack to do her waist-twisty things.

Squats, 1 x 12 x air, 1 x 10 x bar, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 85, 1 x 5 x 105, 3 x 5 x 110.
Overhead press 1 x 8 x bar, 1 x 5 x 50, 2 x 6 x 50. Bench press, 1 x 8 x bar, 1 x 5 x 65, 1 x 5 x 75, 3 x 5 x 80, these were tough.

Deadlifts 3 x 3 x 135, I added an extra set of three because they felt good. Bicep curls, 1 x 8 x bar, back extensions 1 x 20.

Tomorrow, 3 mile interval run.

No comments:

Post a Comment