Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Powerlifting possibilities! Lionheart Fitness Center

Knowing that my friendly YMCA may become less friendly when the weights I'm lifting get heavy enough to drop, I did a little research and found this gym HERE. Steve is the owner and was very nice on the phone, a former competitive lifter who also trained at the same early hardcore gym I did back in the day. He assured me that his place has air-conditioning and a cleaning crew unlike the former gym, and that dropping the plates and using chalk is A-ok. I'm going to check it out soon, and wanted to post about it in case someone else in the area wanted a gym like this and didn't want to drive to Tampa to get one.

Today was the end of the deload, I squatted and seem to be stuck at 75 lbs. Seriously- I did not even keep good form all the way. Some people say pms interferes with strength but it comes back after. I hope so. Then overhead presses, still working on that form. Everything seems so easy until you read half of a Rippetoe chapter on it. Jeez there is a lot that goes into a lift. 50 lbs on the presses, then did some clean assistance work. Upright rows at 50 lbs and finally my sort-of cleans (I use the lowest safety bar setting on the power rack as the weights I'm on are to small to reach the correct height for the starting point of the lift. 55 lbs on my sort-of cleans- damn I was sweating up a storm and wrapped the whole thing up with back extensions, so no high heel wearing plans tonight.

Speaking of high heels (that is a smooth transition, no?) I am considering using Style.com's lookbook option and linking it here so everyone can be blessed with my good taste ha-ha. I'll see if there is time to do that, the last thing I need is total fashion distraction.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very fortunate that I train either in my garage or with my powerlifting club. I don't have to go to a corporate gym. The folks at a corporate gym would up-chuck their insurance paperwork if they saw what we do in our gym.

    Best of luck with the new gym.

    ReplyDelete