Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Busted my ass last night

Literally, fell down the slippery outside stairs and hobbled around with an ice-pack belted to me for an hour afterward. Yes, there was some crying. It is possible my beefy weightlifter back saved me from spinal injury. I went to bed early, slept late and feel a lot better now. I hope tomorrow or Sunday I will be up to lifting heavy as it is time for me to match my previous PR of 140lb squats and go over 170 on deadlifts. So, just doing regular activity today, I have a feeling dealing with the dog and a few loads of laundry will be as much as I should reasonably do for now and will see how tomorrow feels.

Next session goals, squats 3 x 3 x 140, bench 3 x 3 x 95- I haven't gotten here yet despite the 100 lb single and may as well not max out in case the back is still iffy. Deadlifts very dependent on back pain, want 2 x 2 x 175 but will go up in weights conservatively from 135 to see how it feels. So it is going to be a kind-of heavy day, with hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment