Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Practiced Olympic stuff today

Light weight day, funny how these always have me dripping with sweat right off the bat. The fact that our lows are around 80 wet degrees already isn't helping. Moring session, 10 uncomfortable back extensions. My gray lifting shorts have pockets in the front and I could not get situated on that thing correctly. 12 air squats, Burgener warm-up with the 35# bar. more wardrobe malfunctions here with my shirt flying up to expose my tummy, while the shorts simultaneously schooched down. Dammit.

Overhead squats 3 x 6 x 35, Front squat from a clean 3 x 6 x 35, overhead press 3 x 6 x 35. Front squat from a clean 3 x 6 x 45, overhead press 3 x 6 x 45, 12 push-ups.

Power cleans, 1 x 5 x 45, 2 x 3 x 65, 2 x 3 x 70, 4 x 3 x 75, last set was slop, 1 x 1 x 75 horrid wrist rack, gave it up for now. Ambled over to the leg press muttering and swearing to myself, pressed 1 x 9 x 90, 1 x 8 x 180, 2 x 8 x 230. Meanwhile a couple (a surprise couple, oh you naughty gym-goers) started having an argument I was trying not to overhear as it was personal.

Went to yoga which was hard. Of course. Even keeping good back posture with my legs straight out in front of me makes me long for the familiar slightly slumped position I love so much. I made it out alive, had chocolate almond milk and a half cup of cooked ground beef from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment