Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

I thought it was Taco Day

but instead it was Unwanted and Odd Advice Day. actually,the first batch of advice I got for my deadlift wasn't all that unusal. Amateur coach #1 advised me to use a mixed grip for all sets rather than just the heavy ones, and to look up at the ceiling at all times. I smiled and thanked him and ignored the advice. I'm trying to use the form recommended by Rippetoe by the way. Coach #2 was better. He came over and said I needed to scrape my knees on the way up, along with looking at the ceiling at all time. He is a chiropractor, and thus knows about backs. At this point I was doing my back-off set with 155 lbs, so I asked if he would demonstrate proper form.

With God as my witness, he took 20 lbs off of the bar and then said, it still might be too heavy- for him! Then he showed me some goofy deadlifts. Somehow I hadn't fainted with the sight of a man, who wanted to tell me how to deadlift complain about lifting 135 lbs, and he decided to help me even more and discuss squats. I should look on Youtube for advice, he said, and got two 2.5 lb plates and said to put them under your heels while squatting...Yeah. I laughed and said 'Please stop!' and waved him away. A woman can only take so much.

Tonight I warmed up for Deadlift only day with lat pulldowns alternating with sets of push-ups, lat pulldowns 1 x 8 x 50, 1 x 6 x 60, 3 x 10 x 70, push-ups 3 x 10. Then did hyperextensions 2 x 15. Deadlifts were 1 x 3 x 135, 1 x 3 x 155, 2 x 3 x 165, 1 x 3 x 155, 1 x 5 x 135. These went well other then the clownshow. Then, walked on the treadmill 2.5 miles. Tomorrow, no lifting, early yoga and walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment