Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Unmotivated day

Sunday I didn't train, went to my sister's house and hung out with my crazy nieces for a while. Grilled chicken and then decided to burn the shred pile which was much more fun then sitting there shredding for half an hour. Today I got up for yoga, during class my right shoulder felt wonky when lifting it up and down but now it seems okay. This is a thing because tonights lifts will be clean and press and overhead squats, so i don't know if I should put that off until tomorrow and just walk tonight or what. Walking around waving my arms like a giant bird doesn't hurt so maybe I just slept awarkwardly. Work is slow so I cleaned the kitchen, now I could do the rest of the house or take a nap. Leaning towards the nap.

No nap, continued to work and my 800 number went out halfway through a consultation. This was the Monday curse for sure. Training; warm-up with 12 air squats, 1 x 10 x 45 back squat, 3 x 8 x 45 front squats, 3 x 10 push-ups, 3 x 8 x 45 overhead pressin a little circuit. Clean and front squat 2 x 3 x 45, clean and press 1 x 3 x 65, went for 75 and couldn't make the second rep so singled them out 7 x 1 x 75. Power cleans 1 x 3 x 80, just to see if i could, next time I have this session (Saturday) I'm going for 5 x 3 x 80. Tried to snatch the bar and failed, so power snatch 1 x 3 x 45. Just so unco-ordinated today. Overhead squat 1 x 5 x 45, 1 x 3 x 65, 1 sort of at 75, dropped it, 1 x 4 x 70 I was surprised, 1 x 3 x 70. Clean and press 1 x 2 x 70, 2 x 1 x 70.

I thought squats would make it all better- wrong! 1x5x95, 1 x 3 x 115 and my back started getting cranky, so I did a set of 15 hyperextensions and finished with 2 miles on the treadmill at 4.0 mph. Nothing about this day was easy, it was all a slog.

No comments:

Post a Comment