Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Belly of Doom

I've whined, okay posted, here before about my midsection driving me nuts. Bloating, not responding to exercise and nutrition changes, etc. Its possible that this is a genetic curse, as my sister who leads lots of weight-training and cardio classes every week has the same thing. Another site I lurk on, the Starting Strength forum, had the link to this blog post Stumptuous, Pray for Mojo which is a great read and offers up another possibility. I'm not running to a doctor yet, as I hate them in general and still want to work on other things by myself, but its good to have this information out there and will probably help other people. Hell, at least make one not feel so alone in insanity.

This morning I woke up at 3:45 am, as I do, and stayed awake and in limbo for two hours, finally reaching a nice sound sleep as the alarm went off for yoga. I continued sleeping. Sometimes the extra hour or so of rest is worth it. Lifting goals for the night are 3 x 3 x 130 squats, good low and strong lower back, see how 90 lbs goes on bench press again, I didn't get the reps I wanted last time. I may add in tricep extensions as an assistance exercise here. Deadlifts, 1 x 5 x 135, 1 x 5 x 145, 1 x 5 x 155. So, semi-intensity squats, volume deadlifts, and who knows bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment