Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Light but painful

I did a little of that foam rolling I keep reading about, Damn. That hurts! Sure pinpoints where the strained area is, it hurt so badly I broke into an intense sweat from it. Okay, light day: 12 air squats, front squats 5 x 5 x 45, alternated with 2 sets of 10 push-ups, and three sets of cable lat standing pulldowns w/ 30 kgs. Overhead press 2 x 8 x 45, overhead squats 5 x 5 x 45, hang cleans 2 x 5 x 45, hang clean and jerk 3 x 8 x 45. Back squats 1 x 5 x 95, 5 x 5 x 115, back for more torture with the roller and to the shower. I wanted to stay in that shower forever.
When I got home I had two chicken salad sandwiches on whole grain bread and attempted to watch the women's weightlifting part of the Olympics, but NBC's stream kept crashing my system, so I took a nap. Upon awakening, I found that C brough home a lot of fresh veggies from the farmer's market- love him!- so I had a cup of raw radishes and have some thin asparagus simmiering on the stove now. I'm feeling beat-down today and hope the healthy food will help.This week was fucking stressful but- I have not contracted strep, and got several good workouts in, so it wasn't all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment