Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The plan

Last night, post workout I had roast beef and, upon the discovery that someone ate all the ice cream(!) some oatmeal. Those deadlifts must have taken a lot out of me as in spite of being starving during the night, sleep was more important, so I had an internal pep-talk which involved those feelings of hunger meaning that the body was burning fat and the feelings eventually subsided and I slept again. Intending to work until 12 last night, my eyes refused to remain open past 11pm. Up this am at 7:30, I hope to get a nap today. A rousing game of Boot Throw followed by relaxing Chopin is not having the desired effect of lulling the dog to sleep yet. Crazy-ass animals.
I've been reading alot about people having good results lifting every day, or at least sometimes a couple of days in a row. I'm going to try it as long as sleep and food are in order. That means a light day today, front squats, power cleans, overhead squats- I am determined to master these and a 5 x 5 x 120# back squats. I'm also going to lift later today, that was annoying yesterday.

Honestly I am too tired to get my log out of my gym bag so here is what I remember from training tonight. I'll fix it tomorrow if necessary. Warm-up with 12 air squats, then front squats 5 x 45, 10 push-ups, front squats 5 x 45, 10 push-ups, front squats 5 x 55, 10 push-ups, front squats 5 x 65. Overhead squats 5 x 5 x 45 alternated with overhead presses 5 x 8 x 45. Power cleans, 1 x 5 x 45, 1 x 5 x 65, 3 x 3 x 75. Clean and jerk 1 x 2 x 65, 4 x 3 x 65.

Back squats 1 x 5 x 95, 5 x 5 x 120. Also, ggod news- there was a girl squatting 135# today in the power rack, not the Smith machine. I spoke to her and she wasn't particularly friendly, but that doesn't matter. When I have someone to compete against, even if its in my mind, I do much better. Looking at 140# back squats next heavy day (Thurs).

No comments:

Post a Comment