Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

If you are positive weights create bulk

And you are a woman, read this!

Okay, got that out of my system for the day. Speaking of getting things out of my system, I am in the process of weaning myself off of birth control pills for several reasons. First of all, I've been taking them regularly for years and when one is over 40 and has a history of heart disease in the family continuing to take something that may increase my risk concerns me. Also, the pills are increasing the estrogen levels in my body and I wonder if that is impeding progress as far as gaining strength goes. The benefits of increased strength and fitness already have me hooked, and more is better. Did you see how graceful and young that 60 year old powerlifting Russian woman looked? So inspiring. So, gradually letting more time pass bewtween taking the pill until they run out, and then waiting a month or so and cloely observing physical changes are the plan.

Training after work, warm-up, back extensions, bench press, back extensions, deadlift, back extensions, and then the assisted pullup/dip machine if it isn't in use. If so, some lat pulldowns. Target weights are 70 lbs bench, 140 deadlifts.

Great workout; hit target weights, didn't make all the reps on bench and will grab a spotter next time. I bet 5x5 will happen. Worked up to the 140 lb deads, lower back is letting me know about it but not too bad. Ate some brisket I boiled earlier and tomato soup w feta cheese crumbled in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment