Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thrash metal and training do not mix

Went to a concert last night, let me tell you that standing around for five hours is a LOT more exhausting then intense exercise for an hour or an hour and a half. It was fun, but I ended up dehydrated and still tired when I drove to the gym this morning. Not tired as in a yawn or two, tired as in thinking how nice it would be to take a nap at the red lights. Along that vein, the race is in the morning so I plan to start training in the mornings. Wish me luck.

Today was supposed to be intensity interval day but I was so wiped out that it turned into a hodgepodge of 4.0 and 5.2 intervals, then walking at 4.0 on an slowly increasing incline, and back to slow short intervals. I did keep at it for four miles. I'm home and taking better care of myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment