Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

This better improve

As it is taking too long for the microplates I ordered to get here, I went to find some of the 2" washers that are often recommended for that purpose. Neither Lowe's nor Home Depot has ever heard of such things, in spite of much forum myth to the contrary. Considering how vast the merchandise selection is at both places, I would be unsurprised if they both have what I want and the guys I spoke to just had no idea. Looks like I am stuck waiting for the ordered pair and increasing reps when possible until then.

Happily, it is raining and if it keeps up the gym may be emptier then usual for Wednesday and I'll get into the new class tonight. That will be interesting, one of the trainers who is awesome, and the only one who knows Oly lifting is an instructor- and one of the trainers who is annoying as hell and insists on making up new whacked out Bosu exercises is the other. Guess where I want to be? If there are Bosu balls in combat class I am so out of there.

Update: No balls, but lots of punching. I loved it and can happily throw punches and kicks all night. Even better if they have somewhere to land. It is a fast-paced cardio-type class. Normally annoying trainer was pretty cute too, the class is tightly choreographed so no made-up stuff and she looked like she was having a blast. It was fun, I can do this a couple of times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment