Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Taking a couple of steps back to go forward

I put off posting this because I decided to drop the weight a bit. Saturday should have been a perfect lifting day, it was early afternoon and there were only serious lifting guys around. There was one staff member there, and he wasn't feeling well so was staying out of the way, it was great. Except, I just wasn't completely there. I decided to lighten up on squats and did 1x10x air, 1x8x bar, 1x4x 65, 1x3x 85, 1x2x 105, 5x3x 115 as the work sets. The first set was slow and heavy, the second was better. I did the chin tuck and it worked well until the last set when I was fatigued. Then 2x5x 100, the first set was hard and my upper back was loose, the second was all right.

Trying to think of all these cues at once is screwing me up, so the plan is to get it from the ground up. I'll think about keeping my weight back and knees out and when that is natural move up. Squats will be 3x5x 115 Tuesday.

Moved on the overhead press, 1x3x 60, 1x5x 60, 1x4x 60, 1x5x 60, so all over the place. It didn't help that a cheerful challenged guy came over to cheer me on. I decided to let him try it and lo and behold- he did three reps, thanked me and wandered off never to be seen again. As much as I detest shoulder work, a defined, slightly-wider shoulder looks so good on top of my body that I'm grudgingly glad they are in the program.

Finished off with Romanian deadlifts, 1x5x 95, 1x5x 105, and 1x5x 95. A session without much going for it other then getting in there and doing it in spite of myself. In other news, I talked my sister into steering my truck while I pushed it around an empty parking lot for a while Friday night. It was fun, she filed her nails while I was back there pushing. The prowler programming that I am using to model my plans for truck-pushing suggests twice a week for beginners.

To end on a shopping note, I am the proud owner of a brand-new yoga mat!

No comments:

Post a Comment