Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bummer low-carb lunch

Having read tons of nutrition info on various weightlifting sites, the need to get lots of protein has been pounded into my brain. I aim for 100-150 grams and often fall a little short of that. I have never been a dieter, so when low-carb proponents enthusiastically discuss the thrill of being able to eat steak and bacon, it's like, okay whoop-de-doo. But I am trying to give it a shot.

Earlier today I picked up some lean steaks and portabella mushrooms, which I made for lunch today. I sauteed them in olive oil and finished off with red pepper flakes and sea salt. It just wasn't that great. A baked potato, steak frites, or piece of crusty buttery garlic bread would have complemented the meal perfectly, but of course that is not recommended. That meal was a lot less enjoyable then working out! The protein thing isn't always a depressing failure, last night I had a sauteed chicken breast and the man made a big yummy mixed greens salad, so that was good. Oh well, every meal can't be great. Maybe shoes will cheer me up.



The 6am Spin class today was fun. Tomorrow the plan is squats, work up to 5x3x110 (pr) back-off set 1x5x105, 1x5x95. Bench press on the standard bench, 3x5x80, if that doesn't work I'll do 3x5x77.5. Then deadlifts 1x5x135, 1x5x145 really working form. If it deteriorates I'll adjust the number of repititions at the time. I'll try to get form video too.

No comments:

Post a Comment