Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Motivation was low, but I went anyway

And did squats, building up to 4x4x110 kind of ugly squats (there is video) then back off sets 1x5x105, 1x5x95. Overhead press 5x3x65, still effing hard. When I say it was hard, I mean the last rep doesn't seem to go up by strength but by sheer will. Then I chose Romanian Deadlifts, which were also a struggle at 1x6x95, 1x5x95, 1x4x95. Breathing is hard to get sorted out with these for some reason. So, at least I went and did something. Looking for a better, higher energy session Wednesday.

One thing I have noticed, is no matter what slop my form check is, there is always some goof doing some odd exercise in the background.

3 comments:

  1. Goofs in the gym are part of its charm.

    I found one guy doing swiss ball crunches and barbell curls in the squat rack. WTF. I kicked him out so my client could squat.

    One guy I found doing single leg quarter-squats on a bosu ball with dumbbells in the assisted chinup/dip machine. I mean I taught him to squat and stuff but I never saw him again. Maybe that set of goblet squats put him in hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of the charm eh? I'll try to remember that next time one of the quarter-squatters starts yelling at me to "Look Up!" while I'm squatting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If I look up I see ugly people."

    ReplyDelete